Dr. Shelden's experienced dental hygienists will professionally clean your teeth with gentle care. Following your cleaning, Dr. Shelden's will examine your teeth and gums and prescribe fluoride treatments or mouth rinses as needed.
Good Oral Hygiene
The key to healthy teeth and gums is keeping plaque and food decay from building up in your mouth. Plaque and food decay attract harmful bacteria that cause cavities, gum disease, and persistent bad breath.
Your tongue attracts bacteria, too. During the normal process of eating, tiny fragments of food collect on your tongue. As these fragments decay, bacteria create a filmy white coating on the top of your tongue.
Practice the four-step routine to keep plaque and harmful bacteria from building up in your mouth.
Easy Four-Step Routine to keep your teeth and gums healthy:
- Brush your teeth and use an antiseptic mouthwash twice daily
- Use dental floss daily
- Clean your tongue regularly by using a tongue scraper
- See your dentist for routine dental checkups
Benefits of Good Hygiene:
- Have less plaque to remove during routine dental checkups
- Minimize your risk for tooth decay or gum disease
- Minimize your annual dental budget
- Feel healthier
- Enjoy fresher breath
- Be more confident about your smile